CLM Colloid Mill
A colloid mill in the industry is used for grinding solid particles and mixing emulsions, pastes, suspensions, colloidal solutions, etc.
The particles are crushed in a liquid medium. This method is called “wet” grinding and is considered the most effective for obtaining emulsion, homogeneous and dispersion mixtures
WORKING PRINCIPLE OF COLLOID MILL
The colloid mill has a steel case with a thermal jacket to keep the temperature inside the unit at the stable level.
The material in a liquid form is fed into the mill and enters the gap between a rotating rotor and a stationary stator. Centrifugal forces in the rotor-stator gap disperse the solid particles. The gap is generally 0.05 mm and can be adjusted for finer dispersion. The rotating rotor speed is 125 m / s.
The dispension achieves the material particles size 1 – 0.5 microns.
GlobeCore: COLLOID MILL FOR BITUMEN EMULSION PRODUCTION
GlobeCore manufactures colloid mills specifically for production of bitumen and polymer-modified bitumen. Colloid mills CLM achieve ultrafine dispersions and homogenization of bitumen solutions. CLM can be easily installed into bitumen plants, and provides a high productivity with control of grinding and pumping.
The fineness of grinding is determined by the physico-mechanical properties of the material. The fineness of bitumen particles after a colloid mill is 1 μm.
The materials in solid and aqueous phases are fed into the mill where they are influenced by a number of forces. One of the forces is cavitation -the collapse of cavities under the influence of internal pressure. It intensifies the dispersion and emulsification of bitumen.
The mill’s thermal jacket regulates the heat inside the colloid mill
CLM FOR PEANUT BUTTER PRODUCTION AND OTHER PRODUCTS IN THE FOOD INDUSTRY
First peanut paste or peanut butter were produced in 1890. A preparation of a paste from solid nuts was a complex and time-consuming task. In a history of this product, there have been many paste making methods invented that simplified the process of grinding the raw materials into a homogeneous mass.
GlobeCore developed a colloid mill particularly for making peanut butter. This device is suitable for preparation of any homogenized, dispersed systems.
Each colloid mill is made to order, according to requests and requirements of the customer. On average, the manufacturing and delivery of the device takes 45 – 60 working days.
CLM can be used both separately and as a part of the production line.
ADVANTAGES OF CLM COLLOID MILLS FROM GlobeCore
- Consultation with a specialist ;
- Delamination resistance of mixture;
- Equipment of high-quality;
- Fast order execution time;
- Good price;
- Efficient replacement of turbine stirrer;
- Works in standalone mode;
- Thermal jacket;
- Adjusted rotor-stator gap without need of disassembling;
- Fine grinding up to 1 μm;
- Temperature modes from -30 to 180 ° C.
- Optional soundproofing.
The CLM Colloid Mill is designed specifically for the production of highly stable colloidal solutions, fine suspensions, mixtures and emulsions. It uses the principle of “wet” grinding due to the conical rotor and stator that have larger width entries and narrower exits. Additionally, the complex geometric surface of the rotor creates greater turbulence which breaks the particles apart.
Under centrifugal force and high relative speed between the rotating rotor and the fixed stator, liquids and semi-liquids become emulsified, finely dispersed and homogeneous mixtures.
The CLM colloid mill is specifically designed for production of highly stable colloid solutions, super-fine suspensions and emulsions. The mill applies the wet milling principle due to the rotor and stator cones’ larger gap width at the input and smaller gap width at the outlet. Additionally, the complex geometry of the rotor surface creates intensive turbulence to shear particles
COLLOID MILL CLM-4
PRODUCTIVITY UP TO 4 M ³ / HOUR
The mill features high production rate; it allows to produce highly emulsions as well as colloid suspensions, and ensures high degree of homogenization with particle size down to 1 micron.
The mill can be retrofitted into existing lines of production. To facilitate high quality grinding, the product must enter the mill at designated solid to liquid phase ratio and constant rate.
СOLLOID MILL CLM-18
PRODUCTIVITY UP TO 18 M ³ / HOUR
The mill features high performance capacity, allows to produce highly emulsions, as well as colloidal suspensions, ensures high degree of homogenization and particle size to 1 micron.
Processes are intensified by 100 – 600% compared to agitator.
Besides, the device creates cavitation, i.e. explosion of caverns by internal pressure.
The mill can be retrofitted into existing production lines.
PRODUCTIVITY UP TO 22 M ³ / HOUR
The centrifugal force and high velocity of the rotor relative to the fixed stator cause liquid and semi-liquid materials to become homogenic and finely dispersed.
The mill simultaneously disperses and homogenizes materials.
A heat jacket allows to apply or dissipate heat to or from the grinding zone.
Colloid mills and their modifications are applied in:
- road-construction industry – for bitumen modification by polymers etc, for producing anionic and cationic bitumen emulsions, liquid rubber and so on.
- machine-building industry – for production of lubricating and cooling emulsions, lubricants, process mediums for cooling in heat intensive processes.
- power industry – for “heavy oil + water” emulsion production and burning in boiler houses and other power generation systems (reduces heavy oil consumption by 7-10% due to increased degree of combustion efficiency, boiler efficiency increase by 2-3%, decrease of carbon and nitrogen oxide emissions to the atmosphere up to 50%, waste product disposal). Conversion of liquid oil waste products into fuel (oil refinery, seaport, industrial waste). Mixing of stable fuel emulsions from oil sludge.
- chemical industry – for improvement of interphase component contact in multiphase heterogeneous systems, for extracting, for oil product and waste water purification, for production of household chemicals, glues, varnishes, polishes and antiseptics.
- varnish-and-paint industry – for paint production.
- food industry – for dairy processing, for fat emulsion production, for corn starch production, for making of fruit puree, mayonnaise, yoghurts, soft cheese, kefir, condensed milk, melted cheese, for milk powder and cream recovery.
- pharmaceutical, perfumery and cosmetic industries – for production of high quality stable shampoos, gels, creams, emulsions, medical products, ointments, pastes.
|No||PARAMETER||CLM – 22||CLM – 18||CLM – 4|
|1||***Capacity rated, m³/hour, up to.||22||18||4|
|2||Operating pressure, bar.||0,5||0,5||0,5|
|3||Rotation speed, RPM||3 000||3 000||3 000|
|4||**Max heat carrier temperature, °C||160||160||160|
|5||**Minimum coolant temperature, °C||-4||-4||-4|
|7||Nominal pressure/suction bore diameter, mm||80/120||80/80||32/65|
|8||Drive power, kW||55||11||5,5|
* – Dimensions are driven assembly.
** – If necessary, the product can be either heated or cooled to a desired temperature.
*** – Depending on the physical and chemical characteristics of the product capacity may vary.
GlobeCore is a machine-building factory that develops and manufactures high-quality equipment for regeneration, restoration and preparation of oils, preparation of bitumen emulsions and various polymer-modified industrial fluids. GlobeCore equipment earned a reputation of reliability and efficiency and is in steady demand in more than seventy countries of the world. Annually, the company produces hundreds of units for emulsification, dispersion, wet grinding and mixing of solids and liquids.
These units are colloid mills and homogenizers for wet grinding. Before they are supplied to the customer, each unit passes an obligatory factory test to guarantee the quality of the prepared colloidal solutions, emulsions and suspensions. Therefore, GlobeCore engineers are constantly at work improving this small, but important machine.
With the help of modern software, GlobeCore designers calculate colloid mill (homogenizer) hydraulics and the patterns for the working surfaces of the rotor and the stator. Every detail of the colloid mill corresponds exactly to the blueprints.
HOW IT WORKS FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
To get a GlobeCore colloid mill, please fill in a form stating your specifications. After that, our manager will help you choose the unit that best suits your requirements. On agreeing to terms, a contract is drawn and the model is manufactured, tested and delivered to you. Additionally, GlobeCore provides commissioning services at customers sites.