Colloid mill CLM-16/25
CLM-16/25 colloid mill is designed for inline homogenization and emulsification of liquid products (thick slurries of high shear stresses), in particular, for preparation of bitumen emulsions.
It is acceptable to use the mill for preparation, dissolution, and processing of many products in various industries.
Principle of operation
The principle of operation of CLM-16/25 colloid mill is based on a rotor/stator system diagram. A rotor and a stator consist of concentric tool rings (cutters, knives) with special configurations of grooves and (or) holes that ensure the optimal mode of mechanical impact on processed product.
In working position, the tool rings of the rotor (moving tool) and the stator (stationary tool) enter coaxially against each other and rotate in a contact-free manner at a high relative speed (up to 45 m/s). Contact-free rotation is ensured by technological axial and radial gaps.
The processed product enters the operating chamber of the mill housing through the axial bore of the stator (product inlet), is run through the rotor/stator system and discharged in the radial direction (product outlet).
When passing through the rotor/stator system, the product is influenced by complex hydrodynamic processes associated with changes in shear stresses, shear forces, and flow velocity. Chemical reactions occur faster due to increased contact surfaces of chemical agents. As a result, intensive dispersion, emulsification, homogenization, grinding, and pulverization of the processed product are achieved.
|Seq. No.|| |
Unit capacity, m3/h (gpm)
16…25 (70… 110)*
Kinematic viscosity of product, mm 2/s (St),
not more than
Operating temperature, °С (°F), not more than
Operating pressure, bar (psi), not more than
Preliminary pressure head on the product supply side, bar (psi), not more than
Shaft seal type
Rotor/stator tooling type
Replaceable knife kit
Knife axial gap
Minimum knife axial gap, mm (in)
Minimum knife radial gap, mm (in)
Knife tip speed, m/s (mph), not less than
Mill shaft and bearing rotation speed, rpm
Electric motor shaft rotation speed, rpm
Lubrication and cooling of mill shaft bearings
Oil volume in bearing assembly, dm3 (gal)
Required power, kW
Power voltage, V
Dimensions, mm (in), not more than:
Weight, not more than, kg (lb)
* – depending on the product (liquid).
- the mill can be used in various industries;
- compact sizes;
- the mill can have the rotor/stator tooling of various types: nozzle, chamber, cone (for milling), and just cone (for viscous products);
- depending on the required intensity of mechanical and thermal product processing, not only the rotor / stator tooling type , but also the number of operating stages (rings) are selected. The tools can be collapsible, or made from a solid workpiece and various grades of steel depending on the intended purpose of the item; the tool geometry optimal for the set task and the tool material can be chosen;
- the mill can be operated both indoors and in sheltered outdoor space.
CLM-16/25 colloid mill can be used for production of:
- bitumen emulsions;
- vegetable purees;
- fruit mousses;
- ground spices;
- soybean sauce;
- pates, etc.