Mixing Machine AVS-100. Electromagnetic Mill
The Mixing Machine operates on the principle of transforming the energy of electromagnetic field into other forms of energy. The unit is a chamber (pipeline) of 90-136 mm diameter, located inside a rotating electromagnetic field inductor.
There are ferromagnetic cylindrical elements of 0.5 – 5 mm diameter and 5 – 60 mm length in the operating area, from several dozen to several hundred (0.05 – 5 kg), depending on the volume of the active zone.
The chamber can be designed in several ways depending on the requirements of the processes in the chamber.
For liquid phase processes, strainers are installed on the sides of the bush, or at outlet end only. If fibrous materials are processed, labyrinth type strainers are installed. These devices keep the ferromagnetic particles in the active zone.
The main components of electromagnetic units with vortex layer are: the inductor of rotating electromagnetic field with cooling system, connected to three phase 380/220V, 50Hz power supply, and operating chamber with ferromagnetic elements.
Consumption of energy in the chamber is defined only by its design, material and the thickness of the walls and does not depend on magnetic field strength. To reduce energy consumption, we manufacture the chamber from a non-magnetic material (stainless steel).
Mixing Machine AVS-100 Technical characteristics
Max processing rate, m3/hour
– water water treatment
|– suspension production||5|
|Operating pressure, MPa (kg/cm2), max:||0,25 (2,5)|
|Work zone diameter, mm||90|
|Magnetic induction in work zone, Т||0,15|
|Electric supply||From AC network|
|Rotation of magnetic field in work area, RPM||3 000|
|Power consumption, kW||4,5|
Granulation and mixing may be performed not only by ferromagnetic pellets, but also by knives (fig. 4), tubes (fig.5) or rotor (fig.6). In these cases the strainers function as filters (separators).
Fig. 1. Electromagnetic vortex system:
|Figure 2. A photo of vortex layer (1000 frame per second camera)||Fig. 3. The chamber of AVS for liquid phase processes:
1 – chamber; 2 – bush; 3– strainer;
|Fig. 4. AVS chamber with knives:
1 – knoves; 2 – chamber; 3– mesh filter; 4 – bush.
|Fig. 5. AVS chamber with tubes:
1 – chamber; 2 – mesh; 3 – bush; 4 – tubes; 5 – filter tube
|Fig. 6. AVS chamber with rotor:
1 – chamber; 2– bronze bushings (lubricated and cooled by the processed liquid); 3 – lid; 4 – rotor
The AVS-100 with ferromagnetic elements is designed to intensify various physical and chemical processes.
The units can be efficiently used for
- production of multicomponent emulsions and suspensions,
- acceleration of production of finely dispersed mixtures,
- activation of materials both in dry form and dispersed in water,
- leading to improved properties of resin and decreased vulcanizing time;
- for complete purification of industrial waste water from phenol, formaldehyde, heavy metals, arsenic, cyanides,
- acceleration of heat treatment,
- production of protein material from yeast cells;
- improvement of microbiological stability of food products and activation of yeast in bread baking;
- improvement of crude products and finished products from meat and fish;
- intensification of extraction processes, including production of broth, juice, pectin etc;
- production of suspensions and emulsion of increased microbiological safety in food production without the used of staibilizers and increase of product output.
The rotating electromagnetic field causes the ferromagnetic elements in the active zone to move and create the so called “vortex layer”
AVS Systems could be used as:
- disintegrating machine,
- for magnetic treatment,
- material activation etc.