CMM-4RP Adsorbent Reactivation Unit
Adsorption purification of oil products allows to improve their chemical and physical properties and performance without changing the composition of the products. The process removes unsaturated and aromatic hydrocarbons, tar, nitrogen, sulfur and oxygen containing compounds.
The effect is due to the ability of the sorbent to capture and hold the contaminants. With time, the rate of adsorption reduces and stops when a certain equilibrium is reached. At this time, the sorbent should be replaced or reactivated.
The existing methods of sorbent reactivation are characterized by large losses of the sorbent (up to 30%) and the processed product. These factors prompted GlobeCore to develop the CMM-4RP units for Reactivation of Sorbent for oil purification.
This equipment is designed for restoration of saturated sorbents used in the oil purification processes. Using the CMM-4RP can save on the purchase of new and disposal of old sorbent.
Saturated sorbent is loaded into special columns, where it is subjected to high temperature and vacuum, removing the contaminants. After the process of reactivation if complete, the columns are inverted and the restored sorbent is unloaded. The oil captured by the sorbent previously is collected in a special vessel and can be reused.
Reactivation of used sorbents allows to restore their properties and use them to purify oil products with any degree of contamination.
Design and production of the unit can be customized. In this case, the lead time of the order is 45 days. Stock models of the sorbent reativation units can be purchased directly.
If needed, our specialists can visit your facility to commission the unit and train your personnel.
You might need a CMM-4RP unit if:
- you would like to avoid problems with exhausted sorbent;
- you would like to save on purchasing new sorbent;
- you would like to use available resources efficiently.
CMM-4RP sorbent reactivation unit specifications
|1||Nominal power, kW||
|2||Total power consuption per one reactivation cycle, kW×h||
|5||Dimensions, mm– length
How to get one of the CMM-4RP units at your facility?
- contact us and we will discuss your order;
- we will suggest options and pricing and calculate lead time;
- we will meet at our production facility, if possible;
- we will manufacture and then commision the unit at your facility.
Advantages of the CMM-4RP units:
- complete removal of oil captured by the sorbent;
- reuse of the sorbent up to ten times after reactivations;
- the reactivated sorbent can purify products with any degree of contamination;
- sorbent reactivation costs are reduced;
- transportation costs are reduced;
- sorbent can be deactivated with disposal without harmful environmental effects.
Frequently asked questions:
1. Which sorbents can be reactivated using the CMM-4RP?
This equipment can be used to reactive Fuller’s earth, various bleaching clays, palygorskite etc.
2. How much sorbent is lost during reactivation?
Less than 3-10%.
3. How long does the reactivation take?
Up to 20 hours.
4. How much sorbent can be reactivated in one cycle?
Up to 300 kg.
5. What should be done if the reactivation process does not start in one of the columns?
All columns operate separately. In this case, the problematic column is cut-off and the process continues in other columns.
6. What is the warranty on the equipment?
12 months from the date of commissioning.