The MCU oil purification unit is designed for removal of solid particles and water from dielectric insulating oils (with a viscosity of no more than 70 cSt at 50°C/122°F.
Additionally, this unit is designed to significantly reduce acid levels in used insulating oil.
The unit is used for installation, repair and operation of high voltage oil containing equipment with voltage up to 1150 kV (power transformers, high voltage switches etc).
The system consists of two separate sections: a BNF heating and filtration section and CP-260 sorbent cartridges that which are connected by flexible hoses.
Ambient conditions for operation:
- ambient temperature 283 to 308 K (+10 to +35°C/ 49.7 to 97.73°F);
- pressure 84 to 106.7 kPa (630 to 800 mm. hg);
- elevation up to 2000 meters/6561 feet above sea level;
- explosion and fire safe area.
- dielectric strength of transformer oil increased from 5-10 to 50 kV and above after only one pass;
- silica gel can be used instead of zeolite to reduce oil acidity;
- zeolite can be restored without removal of zeolite cartridges using a BRZ unit;
- simple operation and servicing.