MCU Zeolite Oil Drying Unit
The MCU oil purification unit is designed for removal of solid particles and water from dielectric insulating oils (with a viscosity of no more than 70 cSt at 50°C/122°F.
Additionally, this unit is designed to significantly reduce acid levels in used insulating oil.
The unit is used for installation, repair and operation of high voltage oil containing equipment with voltage up to 1150 kV (power transformers, high voltage switches etc).
The system consists of two separate sections: a BNF heating and filtration section and CP-260 sorbent cartridges that which are connected by flexible hoses.
Ambient conditions for operation:
- ambient temperature 283 to 308 K (+10 to +35°C/ 49.7 to 97.73°F);
- pressure 84 to 106.7 kPa (630 to 800 mm. hg);
- elevation up to 2000 meters/6561 feet above sea level;
- explosion and fire safe area.
|Capacity, m3/hour, minimum/gals. per hour|
|• drying, regeneration and filtration mode||1.7/450||4.3/1138||1.5-2.0/392-529|
|• heating mode||1.7/450||4.3/1138||3.6-4.3/953-1138|
|Max oil outlet temperautre, ⁰С/⁰F:|
|• drying and filtration mode||–||35/95|
|• heating mode||60/140||65/149|
|Sorbent max load, kg||–||100|
|Sorbent regeneration temperature, ⁰С/⁰F:|
|Sorbent regeneration without unloading||No||Yes|
|Processed oil parameters:|
|• industrial purity class (ISO 4406)||9 (-/14/12)|
|• solid particle content, max, g/t||2.5||10|
|• acid number, mg KOH/g of oil, max||–||0.02…0.05|
|• nominal filtration fineness, micron||5…25||5|
|• mass weight content, g/ton per cycle, max||–||10|
|• dielectric loss tangent at 90 ⁰С/194 ⁰F, max||–||1.5|
|• dielectric strength, kW, min||–||65|
|Mean heater surface power, W/cm2, max||–||1.2|
|Heater power, kW, max||–||28.8|
|Max power consumption, kW||33|
|Three phase AC power voltage, 50/60Hz, V||380/220||380|
|Dimensions, mm/ft, max, length/width/height||
|Weight, kg/lbs, max||500/1,105||550/1,215.5||7501,657.5|
- dielectric strength of transformer oil increased from 5-10 to 50 kV and above after only one pass;
- silica gel can be used instead of zeolite to reduce oil acidity;
- zeolite can be restored without removal of zeolite cartridges using a BRZ unit;
- simple operation and servicing.