CLM Colloid Mill
WORKING PRINCIPLE OF COLLOID MILLThe colloid mill has a steel case with a thermal jacket to keep the temperature inside the unit at the stable level. The material in a liquid form is fed into the mill and enters the gap between a rotating rotor and a stationary stator. Centrifugal forces in the rotor-stator gap disperse the solid particles. The gap is generally 0.05 mm and can be adjusted for finer dispersion. The rotating rotor speed is 125 m / s. The dispension achieves the material particles size 1 – 0.5 microns.
GlobeCore: COLLOID MILL FOR BITUMEN EMULSION PRODUCTIONGlobeCore manufactures colloid mills specifically for production of bitumen and polymer-modified bitumen. Colloid mills CLM achieve ultrafine dispersions and homogenization of bitumen solutions. CLM can be easily installed into bitumen plants, and provides a high productivity with control of grinding and pumping. The fineness of grinding is determined by the physico-mechanical properties of the material. The fineness of bitumen particles after a colloid mill is 1 μm. The materials in solid and aqueous phases are fed into the mill where they are influenced by a number of forces. One of the forces is cavitation -the collapse of cavities under the influence of internal pressure. It intensifies the dispersion and emulsification of bitumen. The mill’s thermal jacket regulates the heat inside the colloid mill
CLM FOR PEANUT BUTTER PRODUCTION AND OTHER PRODUCTS IN THE FOOD INDUSTRYFirst peanut paste or peanut butter were produced in 1890. A preparation of a paste from solid nuts was a complex and time-consuming task. In a history of this product, there have been many paste making methods invented that simplified the process of grinding the raw materials into a homogeneous mass. GlobeCore developed a colloid mill particularly for making peanut butter. This device is suitable for preparation of any homogenized, dispersed systems. Each colloid mill is made to order, according to requests and requirements of the customer. On average, the manufacturing and delivery of the device takes 45 – 60 working days. CLM can be used both separately and as a part of the production line.
ADVANTAGES OF CLM COLLOID MILLS FROM GlobeCore
- Consultation with a specialist ;
- Delamination resistance of mixture;
- Equipment of high-quality;
- Fast order execution time;
- Good price;
- Efficient replacement of turbine stirrer;
- Works in standalone mode;
- Thermal jacket;
- Adjusted rotor-stator gap without need of disassembling;
- Fine grinding up to 1 μm;
- Temperature modes from -30 to 180 ° C.
- Optional soundproofing.
The CLM colloid mill is specifically designed for production of highly stable colloid solutions, super-fine suspensions and emulsions. The mill applies the wet milling principle due to the rotor and stator cones’ larger gap width at the input and smaller gap width at the outlet. Additionally, the complex geometry of the rotor surface creates intensive turbulence to shear particles
COLLOID MILL CLM-4
СOLLOID MILL CLM-18
Colloid mills and their modifications are applied in:
- road-construction industry – for bitumen modification by polymers etc, for producing anionic and cationic bitumen emulsions, liquid rubber and so on.
- machine-building industry – for production of lubricating and cooling emulsions, lubricants, process mediums for cooling in heat intensive processes.
- power industry – for “heavy oil + water” emulsion production and burning in boiler houses and other power generation systems (reduces heavy oil consumption by 7-10% due to increased degree of combustion efficiency, boiler efficiency increase by 2-3%, decrease of carbon and nitrogen oxide emissions to the atmosphere up to 50%, waste product disposal). Conversion of liquid oil waste products into fuel (oil refinery, seaport, industrial waste). Mixing of stable fuel emulsions from oil sludge.
- chemical industry – for improvement of interphase component contact in multiphase heterogeneous systems, for extracting, for oil product and waste water purification, for production of household chemicals, glues, varnishes, polishes and antiseptics.
- varnish-and-paint industry – for paint production.
- food industry – for dairy processing, for fat emulsion production, for corn starch production, for making of fruit puree, mayonnaise, yoghurts, soft cheese, kefir, condensed milk, melted cheese, for milk powder and cream recovery.
- pharmaceutical, perfumery and cosmetic industries – for production of high quality stable shampoos, gels, creams, emulsions, medical products, ointments, pastes.
|No||PARAMETER||CLM – 22||CLM – 18||CLM – 4|
|1||***Capacity rated, m³/hour, up to.||22||18||4|
|2||Operating pressure, bar.||0,5||0,5||0,5|
|3||Rotation speed, RPM||3 000||3 000||3 000|
|4||**Max heat carrier temperature, °C||160||160||160|
|5||**Minimum coolant temperature, °C||-4||-4||-4|
|7||Nominal pressure/suction bore diameter, mm||80/120||80/80||32/65|
|8||Drive power, kW||55||11||5,5|
* – Dimensions are driven assembly. ** – If necessary, the product can be either heated or cooled to a desired temperature. *** – Depending on the physical and chemical characteristics of the product capacity may vary.