Colloid Mill CLM-250.3
GlobeCore CLM colloid mill1A colloid mill is a machine that is used to reduce the particle size of a solid in suspension in a liquid, or to reduce the droplet size in emulsions. is designed for the production of highly stable colloidal2In chemistry, a colloid is a mixture in which one substance of microscopically dispersed insoluble particles is suspended throughout another substance. solutions, extremely fine suspensions3In chemistry, a suspension is a heterogeneous mixture that contains solid particles sufficiently large for sedimentation. The particles may be visible to the naked eye, usually must be larger than one micrometer, and will eventually settle, although the mixture is only classified as a suspension when and while the particles have not settled out., mixtures4In chemistry, a mixture is a material made up of two or more different substances which are mixed. A mixture refers to the physical combination of two or more substances in which the identities are retained and are mixed in the form of solutions, suspensions and colloids. and emulsions5An emulsion is a mixture of two or more liquids that are normally immiscible (unmixable or unblendable).. “Wet” grinding technique is used, as the rotor and stator cone gap is wider at the inlet and narrower at the outlet. Additionally, the complex geomerty of the stator surface creates increased turbulence, shearing the particles of processed materials. Under the influence of centrifugal force and the high velocity of the rotor relative to the stator, liquid and semi-liquid substances are finely dispersed6A dispersion is a system in which distributed particles of one material are dispersed in a continuous phase of another material. and homogenized7Homogenization or homogenisation is any of several processes used to make a mixture of two mutually non-soluble liquids the same throughout. This is achieved by turning one of the liquids into a state consisting of extremely small particles distributed uniformly throughout the other liquid. , emulsified, homogenized and dispersed.
The mill allows for simultaneous dispersion and homogenization. Heating jacket allows to heat or to cool the crushing zone as required.
The milling machine features high production rate; it allows to produce highly stable emulsions as well as colloid suspensions, and ensures high degree of homogenization with particle size down to 1 micron8The micron is an SI derived unit of length equalling 1×10−6 metre (SI standard prefix “micro-” = 10−6); that is, one millionth of a metre (or one thousandth of a millimetre, 0.001 mm, or about 0.000039 inch)..
Additionally, cavitation9Cavitation is a phenomenon in which rapid changes of pressure in a liquid lead to the formation of small vapor-filled cavities, in places where the pressure is relatively low. occurs in the mill, i.e. explosion of micro cavities by internal pressure. The mill can be retrofitted into existing production lines. To facilitate high quality milling, the product must enter the mill at designated solid to liquid phase ratio and at a constant rate.
Particle size and pumping performance may vary depending on physical and mechanical properties of the material and carrier phase.
The CLM mill and its modifications are used in:
- machine-building industry, for the production of lubricating and cooling emulsions, lubricants, process mediums for cooling in heat intensive processes.
- power industry, for heavy oil in water emulsion production and burning in boiler houses and other power generation systems (reduces heavy oil consumption by 7-10% due to increased combustion efficiency, boiler efficiency increase by 2-3%, decrease of carbon and nitrogen oxide emissions up to 50%, waste product disposal). Conversion of liquid oil waste products into fuel (oil refinery, seaport, industrial waste). Mixing of stable fuel emulsions from oil sludge.
- chemical industry, for improvement of interphase component contact in multiphase heterogeneous systems, for extracting, for oil product and waste water purification, for production of household chemicals, glues, varnishes, polishes and antiseptics.
- paint industry.
- food industry, for dairy processing, for fat emulsion production, for corn starch production, for making of fruit puree, mayonnaise, yoghurts, soft cheese, kefir, condensed milk, melted cheese, for milk powder and cream production.
- pharmaceutical, perfumery and cosmetic industries, for the production of high quality stable shampoos, gels, creams, emulsions, medical products, ointments, pastes.
|1||Processing rate, m3/h (gph)||0,25…0,5* (1,1…2,2) |
|2||Process temperature, °С (°F), max||180 (356) |
|3||Process pressure, bar (Psi), max||6 (87) |
|4||Product volume, liters (gal)||10… 20 (2,6… 5,2)|
|5||Shaft seal type||gland|
|6||Rotor/stator tooling type||nozzle |
|8||Knife axial gap, mm (in), preset||0,3… 2 (0,011… 0,078)|
|9||Knife radial gap, mm (in)||–|
|10||Knife tip speed, m/sec (ips), max||25 (980)|
|11||Mill shaft and bearing, rpm||4050|
|12||Electric motor, rpm||3000|
|13||Drive power, kW||5,5|
|14||Power voltage, V||custom|
|15||Dimensions, mm (in), max:|
|– length||800 (31)|
|– width||650 (26)|
|– height||1400 (55)|
|16||Weight, kg (lbs), max||190 (420)|
* – depends on product
- Delamination resistance of mixture;
- Equipment of high-quality;
- Fast order execution time;
- Efficient replacement of turbine stirrer;
- Works in standalone mode;
- Thermal jacket;
- Adjusted rotor-stator gap without need of disassembling;
- Fine grinding up to 1 μm;
- Temperature modes from -30 to 180 ° C.
- Optional soundproofing.