CMM-6RL industrial oil regeneration unit
Industrial oils are a large group of commercial oils that comprises several classes:
- general-purpose industrial oils;
- formulated industrial oils;
- oils for hydraulic systems;
- oils for machine-tool equipment slideways;
- oils for heavy-duty components;
- oils for rolling mills;
- gear transmission (gearbox) oils.
These classes are united by a common function — lubrication of friction components of various industrial equipment and operation in harsh conditions characterized by high temperatures and pressures, as well as by hydrodynamic and marginal friction modes.
During operation, when affected by harmful factors, industrial oils become contaminated with water, mechanical impurities, and sludge; aging of oils occurs and their acid number increases. The use of aged industrial oils leads to equipment breakdowns and costly repairs. These consequences are prevented by timely change of industrial oil. After flushing, new oil is poured into the system, and the old one is sent for disposal.
Regeneration of industrial oils in CMM-6RL unit
GlobeCore’s experience indicates that the useful life of most industrial oils is not fully expired at the time of change, since they contain useful hydrocarbons. If harmful impurities and aging products are removed from oil by regeneration, it will completely regain its properties and can be reused in industrial equipment.
GlobeCore technique for regeneration of industrial oils implemented in CMM-6RL units is based on pumping the oil through a layer of natural adsorbent. The adsorbent is placed into the regeneration columns, and when the oil passes through the adsorbent, it absorbs and retains all aging products, including acidic constituents. At the same time, the structure of useful hydrocarbons remains unchanged. At the unit outlet, regenerated industrial oil has the performance close to that of new industrial oil; thus, it can be reused for its intended purpose.
Operation features of CMM-6RL unit for regeneration of industrial oil
The main feature of CMM-6RL unit is the possibility to reactivate the adsorbent without removing it from the regeneration columns. If the used adsorbent should be disposed of in other equipment of a similar intended purpose, GlobeCore technology ensures reclamation of the adsorbent by burning, as well as repeated use thereof for regeneration of industrial oil (at least 300 reactivations).
Duration of operating cycles and power consumption
CMM-6RL unit for regeneration of industrial oils sequentially operates in the following modes:
- Oil regeneration (duration — 6 h, power consumption — 1.5 kW/h);
- Adsorbent reactivation:
- preparation (duration — 1 h, power consumption — 6.25 kW/h);
- adsorbent ignition (duration — 1 h, power consumption — 17.5 kW/h);
- adsorbent combustion (duration — 15 h, power consumption — 25.5 kW/h);
- refilling (duration — 0.5 h, power consumption — 6.5 kW/h).
|2||Sorbent reactivation time, not more than||19 hours|
|3||Required power consumption, kW||10|
|4||Three-phase 50, 60 Hz AC power supply voltage, V||380|
|5||Dimensions, mm, not more than
|6||Weight, kg, not more than||2100|
- Convenience of operation. The unit is quickly connected to tanks for clean and dirty oil through camlock quick couplings; the oil purification process is visually monitored by means of sight glasses; a service hatch is provided at the bottom of the columns for their maintenance and cleaning.
- The unit can operate in automatic mode. The required operating mode is selected, and the actuators are controlled from the touch panel which displays a mnemonic diagram of the unit. In order to enable the control buttons, the operator just needs to touch them.
- The adsorbent is reclaimed without being removed from the unit and can be used for the next regeneration cycle immediately after cooling. At the end of the last reactivation, the adsorbent can be used as a construction aggregate or in agriculture to loosen compact soils.
- There occur no harmful emissions into the environment during the unit operation. The unit is equipped with a two-stage system for neutralization of combustion products which consists of a carbon filter and a catalytic converter.