Oil Moisture Meter TOR-1
TOR-1 transformer oil tester is designed to detect the mass fraction of dissolved water in insulating mineral oils the viscosity of which does not exceed 70 cSt at the temperature of 50°C.
When operating this device, it is necessary to take into consideration that the tester is only a reference point for fast detection of moisture content; a final analysis requires contacting a certified laboratory.
In the best-case scenario, standard laboratory analyses take a day and require a great input of human and financial resources. The use of TOR-1 allows diagnosing the transformer oil as soon as possible and making a quick decision in the field near the transformer.
Components of TOR-1 instrument
The device combines all the devices necessary for simple and convenient operation:
- LCD-panel to display the moisture content of tested oil;
- intake container for tested oil;
- moisture sensor to detect the mass fraction of moisture in lubricating and insulating oils;
- printer for paper output of test results.
Principle of operation
The measurement of moisture in oil is similar to that of moisture in air. The water content in oil can be described as an absolute value in ppm or a relative value of aw:
- ppm means the ratio between the weight of water and the weight of oil;
- aw means the actual moisture content as a percentage of the oil fully saturated with moisture.
The value aw = 0 stands for moisture-free oil, while aw = 1 stands for the oil fully saturated with moisture.
The instrument measures aw using a capacitance sensor that ensures a long-term stability and an excellent resistance to contamination. The measured physical quantities include active water (aw) and temperature (T). Using these quantities, the express tester calculates the moisture content (ppm) in mineral transformer oil. The water content in non-mineral transformer oils and lubricating oils can be calculated by entering specific parameters of these oils. Measured and calculated values are available on two freely scalable and configurable analog outputs.
|1||Operating range, aw (active water (aw))||
|2||Operating range of dissolved water content measurement, ppm||
|3||Precision at 20 °C||
±0.02 aw (0…0.9 aw) ±0.03 aw (0.9…1 aw)
|5||Operating medium temperature, °С||
|6||Required power, W||
|7||Single phase 50Hz AC power supply voltage, V||
|8||Dimensions, mm, not more than
|9||Weight, kg, not more than||
- ease of operation: in order to change the sample, it is enough to change the removable container and to press the Start button for starting the measurement;
- it operates without a personal computer;
- it can be used for oil testing in the field near the transformer due to a sufficient degree of protection (metal vandal-resistant buttons, sensitive element protection, integrated protection of electrical equipment) and a stabilized power supply;
- the measurement results can be printed out using an integrated printer.