Mixing Machine AVS-100. Electromagnetic Mill
GlobeCore is the world’s only high-tech company for production of operating electromagnetic mills with real applications in the industrial sector which deliver the expected results.
The Mixing1In industrial process engineering, mixing is a unit operation that involves manipulation of a heterogeneous physical system with the intent to make it more homogeneous. Machine operates on the principle of transforming the energy of electromagnetic field2An electromagnetic field (also EMF or EM field) is a physical field produced by electrically charged objects. It affects the behavior of charged objects in the vicinity of the field. into other forms of energy. The unit is a chamber (pipeline) of 90-136 mm diameter, located inside a rotating electromagnetic field inductor3An inductor, also called a coil, choke, or reactor, is a passive two-terminal electrical component that stores energy in a magnetic field when electric current flows through it..
There are ferromagnetic4Ferromagnetism is the basic mechanism by which certain materials (such as iron) form permanent magnets, or are attracted to magnets. cylindrical elements of 0.5 – 5 mm diameter and 5 – 60 mm length in the operating area, from several dozen to several hundred (0.05 – 5 kg), depending on the volume of the active zone.
The chamber can be designed in several ways depending on the requirements of the processes in the chamber.
For liquid phase processes, strainers are installed on the sides of the bush, or at outlet end only. If fibrous materials are processed, labyrinth type strainers are installed. These devices keep the ferromagnetic particles in the active zone.
The main components of electromagnetic units with vortex layer are: the inductor of rotating electromagnetic field with cooling system, connected to three phase 380/220V, 50Hz power supply, and operating chamber with ferromagnetic elements.
Consumption of energy in the chamber is defined only by its design, material and the thickness of the walls and does not depend on magnetic field strength. To reduce energy consumption, we manufacture the chamber from a non-magnetic material (stainless steel).
Mixing Machine AVS-100 Technical characteristics
Granulation5Granulation is the process of forming of grains or granules from a powdery or solid substance, producing a granular material. It is applied in several technological processes in chemical and pharmaceutical industry. and mixing may be performed not only by ferromagnetic pellets, but also by knives (fig. 4), tubes (fig.5) or rotor (fig.6). In these cases the strainers function as filters (separators).
|Fig. 1. Electromagnetic vortex system:
1 – protective bushing; 2 – inductor of rotating electromagnetic field;
3 – inductor body; 4 – non-magnetic material work operating chamber;
5 – ferromagnetic elements
|Figure 2. A photo of vortex layer (1000 frame per second camera)||Fig. 3. The chamber of AVS for liquid phase processes:
1 – chamber; 2 – bush; 3– strainer;
|Fig. 4. AVS chamber with knives:
1 – knoves; 2 – chamber; 3– mesh filter; 4 – bush.
|Fig. 5. AVS chamber with tubes:
1 – chamber; 2 – mesh; 3 – bush; 4 – tubes; 5 – filter tube
|Fig. 6. AVS chamber with rotor:
1 – chamber; 2– bronze bushings (lubricated and cooled by the processed liquid); 3 – lid; 4 – rotor
The AVS-100 with ferromagnetic elements is designed to intensify6An intensification is an increase in strength or magnitude (or intensity). various physical and chemical processes.
The units can be efficiently used for
- production of multicomponent emulsions7An emulsion is a mixture of two or more liquids that are normally immiscible (unmixable or unblendable). and suspensions8A suspension is a heterogeneous mixture that contains solid particles sufficiently large for sedimentation.;
- acceleration of production of finely dispersed9A dispersion is a system in which distributed particles of one material are dispersed in a continuous phase of another material. The two phases may be in the same or different states of matter. mixtures;
- activation10Activation generally refers to the process whereby something is prepared or excited for a subsequent reaction. of materials both in dry form and dispersed in water;
- leading to improved properties of resin and decreased vulcanizing time;
- for complete purification of industrial waste water11Wastewater (or waste water) is any water that has been affected by human use. from phenol, formaldehyde, heavy metals12Heavy metals are generally defined as metals with relatively high densities, atomic weights, or atomic numbers., arsenic, cyanides;
- acceleration of heat treatment,
- production of protein material from yeast cells;
- improvement of microbiological stability of food products and activation of yeast in bread baking;
- improvement of crude products and finished products from meat and fish;
- intensification of extraction13An extract is a substance made by extracting a part of a raw material, often by using a solvent. processes, including production of broth, juice, pectin etc.
- production of suspensions and emulsion of increased microbiological safety in food production without the used of staibilizers and increase of product output.
The rotating electromagnetic field causes the ferromagnetic elements in the active zone to move and create the so called “vortex layer”
AVS Systems could be used as:
|Max processing rate, m3/hour
– water water treatment
|– suspension production||5|
|Operating pressure, MPa (kg/cm2), max:||0,25 (2,5)|
|Work zone diameter, mm||90|
|Magnetic induction in work zone, Т||0,15|
|Electric supply||From AC network|
|Rotation of magnetic field in work area, RPM||3 000|
|Power consumption, kW||4,5|
- simultaneous pulverization, mixing and activation of processed media;
- super-fine pulverization;
- process intensification. Retention times measured in fractions of a second;
- reduced power consumption;
- raw material economy;
- simple to retrofit into existing processing lines.