CMM-G Wind Turbine Gearbox Oil Changer
The CMM-G unit is designed for a three-stage process of changing oil in wind turbine gearboxes1A gearbox is typically used in a wind turbine to increase rotational speed from a low-speed rotor to a higher speed electrical generator. (draining old oil, flushing the gearbox and filling it with new oil). The unit allows for quick and efficient servicing of wind turbine oil system. The unit can be used for servicing wind turbines made by many different manufacturers. The CMM-G can also heat clean oil.
The unit changes mineral2Mineral oil is any of various colorless, odorless, light mixtures of higher alkanes from a mineral source, particularly a distillate of petroleum. and synthetic oil3Synthetic oil is a lubricant consisting of chemical compounds that are artificially made. Synthetic lubricants can be manufactured using chemically modified petroleum components rather than whole crude oil, but can also be synthesized from other raw materials with the following properties:
- kinematic viscosity4The viscosity of a fluid is a measure of its resistance to deformation at a given rate. at 40°С – 8…50 mm2/sec;
- density5The density, or more precisely, the volumetric mass density, of a substance is its mass per unit volume. at 20°С, – 800…950 kg/m3;
- ISO6The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is an international standard-setting body composed of representatives from various national standards organizations. 4406 purity class – -/19/16 or better.
Before switching to a different oil type, do the following:
- flush the unit to prevent mixing of different oil types (mineral and synthetic);
- change filter elements7An oil filter is a filter designed to remove contaminants from engine oil, transmission oil, lubricating oil, or hydraulic oil.
CMM-G Oil Changer Operation Modes
Old oil drain mode
In this mode, the unit’s vacuum pump8A vacuum pump is a device that removes gas molecules from a sealed volume in order to leave behind a partial vacuum. extracts oil from the turbine gearbox into the unit.
Gearbox flush mode
In this mode, flushing oil9The term “oil flushing” is used extensively in the process heating industry to refer to the cleaning of pipes and process equipment. is supplied to a height of up to 105 meters, and is fed into the gearbox at 5 bar pressure, washing away the remaining used oil and particulate matter.
Heating and filtration mode
This mode is required for quick heating and filtration10Filtration is any of various mechanical, physical or biological operations that separate solids from liquids (liquids or gases) by adding a medium through which only the fluid can pass. of clean oil before filling. After heating to 70°С, the oil is supplied to the gearbox.
When heating and filtration mode is engaged, it is possible to simultaneously supply oil to the gearbox and heat the next batch of oil for filling the next turbine.
Clean oil supply mode
In this mode, the unit’s pump supplies oil to a height of up to 105 meters. At the same time, the oil is filtered by 3 and 25 μm11The micrometre (International spelling as used by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures; SI symbol: μm) or micrometer (American spelling), also commonly known by the previous name micron, is an SI derived unit of length equalling 1×10−6 metre (SI standard prefix “micro-” =10-6); that is, one millionth of a metre (or one thousandth of a millimetre, 0.001 mm, or about 0.000039 inch). filters.
CMM-G Oil Changer Unit
The CMM-G is based on a trailer and consists of housing, clean and used oil tanks and hose drums. The side walls of the housing are equipped with doors for access and servicing. An accessory storage compartment is installed in the left side of the housing. A compartment with a rolling door contains a generator to power the unit if grid connection is unavailable. Process parameters and automatic valves are managed by a controller. The end of the output hose is equipped with an oil meter.
|1||Filling rate, m /hour (gallon per minute), no less than||0,8|
|2||Drain rate, m /hour (gallon per minute), no less than||0,5|
|3||Max power consumption, kW||8|
|5||Dimensions, mm, max
|6||Empty weight, kg, max||2500|
- harsh climate operation capability;
- full process automation;
- automatic correction of oil flow when process conditions change (filter condition, oil feed height etc);
- draining of oil and filling of new oil takes less than 1 hour;
- drums are equipped with electric drives for fast hose reeling.